A few tips before you have a family photoshoot with me:
1) Book your shoot for a time in the day when your children are typically at their best mood – whether it’s morning for older children so they are still full of energy for the day ahead, or the afternoon just after your baby or toddler has had their nap. I want to capture your family’s happy personalities, so it’s important you all enjoy yourselves.
2) Let me know how old your children are, and their names etc. so I have a good idea of what to expect on the shoot. I have experience of over 100 photoshoots so can draw on previous sessions to know what would best work for you.
3) Tell me if there are any particular shots you would like captured during your session – you may particularly want me to focus on getting a fantastic shot of your family together to recreate as presents for relatives, a beautiful black and white photo of your children laughing and playing, or maybe a quirky shot – such as all your hands with a dog paw (by the way – your favourite pet, as long as he or she is well behaved, is more than welcome to join us!) To give you some ideas please have a look at my Facebook photography page
4) Please don’t worry about being photographed – as a 40-something mum myself I totally understand how daunting it can be to be faced with a camera. I will shoot with flattering angles and light, and I will hand edit with skin smoothing, if necessary, to make you look your very best. I hope previous customers would agree on how approachable and friendly I am, so you will feel at ease on the day and enjoy your shoot. If you are still concerned about being photographed I can recommend an excellent make-up artist and hairdresser who lives just a couple of minutes walk from my home. She will make you feel totally fantastic for your shoot. Also – if there’s something you really hate about yourself in photos please let me know and I’ll try my very best to make sure you love the final results.
5) Clothes!! This is the big question I always get asked. Please avoid big logos, large prints and writing. If you dress classically, and simply, then your photos won’t date too much. In the autumn – mustard, blues and burgundy look great against the colourful leaves. For spring and summer – whites and pastels are perfect. Please try to dress your family so there are no major clashes in clothing colours/styles. Feel free to bring along changes in coats, hats, tops, shirts etc if you’d like variations in your shoot. Having said all this……the very most IMPORTANT thing is that you are all comfortable and happy so that you can really enjoy your shoot. My aim is that your smiles are natural ones.
To book a family shoot please call or message me
07795 661607 – 01526 323233 – email@example.com
Shoots are just £80 for a 90 minute outdoor natural session.
All digital images supplied, with full copyright